Shea Butter – Your Beauty Arsenal & A Potent Panacea for All Of Your Skin Problems
Folk wisdom never stops to praise the beauty benefits that miraculous shea butter has to offer. Hundreds of beauty care ingredients have come in and out of favor; it is shea butter that has always stand firm against the test of time.
Extracted from the African shea tree nuts, shea butter has yellowish appearance. In its natural form, it contains fatty acids including stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, and palmitic acid.
It is time stop losing your mind over those irritating and redundant skin & hair problems. Loaded with vitamins A and E, shea butter is an excellent moisturizer. It blesses you with its incredible healing properties for a forever youthful appearance. This supercharged butter takes optimum care of your beauty and fights off troublesome skin issues.
Shea Butter for Skin Care
Shea butter can be used by itself for skin and hair applications. Apply it gently over desired skin region and hair/scalp to rip its moisturizing benefits.
Moisturizes Skin & Prevents Dryness
Shea butter has been hailed by cosmetic industry across the world as an effective skin moisturizing ingredient. It deeply moisturizes the body and skin with its emollient, humectant properties.
One great thing about this marvel butter is its moisture lock ability that allows ideal skin hydration for a prolonged duration. When your skin gets dry and dehydrated, it becomes scaly and rough. Eventually, it can lead to skin cracks. Shea butter is rich with fatty acids that ensureproper skin hydration without clogging the pores to prevent rough and scaly skin.
Recipe: Body Butter Lotion
Shea body butter lotion provides total skin care; it helps to regain lost moisture, prevent dry skin, fight off aging signs, reduce wrinkle appearance, UV protection, prevent acne, and improve skin tone. Apply over desired skin region and gently massage for skin absorption.
– In order to make the lotion, take a skillet or double boiler. Melt 1 cup raw shea butter and 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil over medium cooking flame.
– Combine well and take it off flame. Allow to cool down completely.
– Mix in 1/2 cup almond oil or your choice of essential oil; combine again. Place the lotion in a container and refrigerate for 15 minutes to solidify.
– Take out and mix again until you get a creamy, thick lotion-like consistency. Use as needed to get ideal skin moisture and other skin care perks.
Excellent Lip Care
During dry weather conditions and cold season, shea butter provides much needed nutrients and moisture to the lips. Used as an excellent lip balm, it helps to prevent chapped, dry lips.
Recipe: Shea Butter Lip Balm
Shea butter is easily absorbed by the skin. Use it once or twice a day for ideal lip nourishment.
– In order to prepare the balm, take a skillet or double boiler. Melt 1 tablespoon beeswax, 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, and 2 tablespoons raw shea butter over medium cooking flame.
– Take it off flame, allow to cool down, and mix in 6-7 drops of each peppermint oil and lavender oil.
– Combine well and add into a container. Use as needed.
Optimum Skin Elasticity & Wrinkle Prevention
Shea butter is rich with vitamin A, E and F that helps to regain skin elasticity by stimulating collagen production. Regular application ensures ideal skin softening and hydrating.
Shea butter provides anti-aging benefits by stimulating collagen production. It provides you with radiant, supple, and nourished skin. It prevents aging signs such as premature wrinkles, facial lines by promoting cell renewal and stimulating blood circulation to the skin.
Shea butter is also well-known to provide protection against harmful free radicals, skin irritants, and environmental pollutants to prevent skin damage.
Recipe: Shea Butter Eye Cream
Eye cream prepared using shea butter improves the wrinkle & blemishes appearance around eye region by promoting collage production. It helps to reduce inflammation to fight off eye puffiness. Without using any chemicals, this cream helps to regain skin youthfulness and take good care of under eye area. You can also use it as eye makeup remover.
– In order to prepare the cream, take a glass mason jar. In the jar, combine 2 tablespoons shea butter, 1 teaspoon beeswax, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Combine well.
– Take a deep saucepan/skillet or stock pot, add water until it gets filled halfway. Place the jar in it and heat it over medium-low cooking flame.
– Heat for 5-6 minutes until the mixture in the jar melts completely. Keep stirring in between.
– Take it off flame and allow to cool down completely. Add the mixture in a bowl and add 4 drops geranium essential oil and 1 ½ teaspoons rosehip oil.
– Store in a container and apply it over under eye area and under the eyebrows before bed time. Wash it in morning with cold water.
Protection against Skin Inflammation
Shea butter is naturally rich with cinnamic acid containing anti-inflammatory properties. Shea butter helps to provide relieving effects against skin conditions such as rosacea, dermatitis, scrapes, cuts, rashes, and sunburns.
Treats Blemishes & Acne
Healing shea butter contains essential fatty acids that help to cure skin rashes and prevents acne development. It is also effective in curing stretch marks and scars.
Prevent Skin Peeling & Itchiness
Dryness can make your skin flaky and leads to peeling. The anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties of shea butter prevent skin itchiness, peeling and dryness by enriching it with essential oils.
Shea butter can be used as a natural sunscreen. It contains cinnamic acid that protects against harmful UV radiation and helps to reverse the oxidative sun damage.
Shea Butter for Hair Care
Repairs Damaged Hair
Known for its moisturizing abilities, shea butter is greatly effective in restoring lost hair moisture. It has low SPF that helps to protect your hair from harmful UV radiation.
Hair Loss Prevention
Shea butter contains the fatty acids that condition your scalp and hair. It also contains many essential nutrients to promote healthy hair and scalp. Regular application of shea butter reduces hair loss/hair fall by strengthening hair follicles.
Soothes Itchy & Dry Scalp
Shea butter is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that soothes dry scalp and prevents itchiness. It prevents greasiness without clogging pores and gets easily absorbed by skin to provide relief from dry, itchy scalp.