Shea Butter – Organic (200g)
Shea Butter has exceptional moisturising properties and is widely used in the soap, skincare and cosmetic industries.
The unsaponifiables are said to keep the skin young by stimulating the tissue and helping it make its own collegen. This, along with its ability to help cell regeneration and capillary circulation make it extremely popular in anti-aging formulations.
It displays a protecting role against UV rays and is often incorporated into sun protection products.
Ingredients: Shea Butter, aka: African Shea Nut Butter or Karite Butter
Why you want Shea butter:
- Natural anti-sun damage properties
- Skin Healing agent for small wounds & Cracks
- Use as an anti-aging agent for the skin
- Soothing for Sun Burns
- Healing Agent for Dry, damaged hair
- Soothes aching muscles
- High in triglycerides and has 5% fatty acids, 8% suponifiables and 7% waxy esters.
- Common Uses; Lip Balms, Body & Massage Butters, Shaving preparations, Facial Moisturizers and Bath Oils
- Add to oil phase in hand and body lotions
- Essentially a fat that is extracted from the nuts of the Shea-Karite tree, found in the tropics of Africa.
Consistency: Soft butter with a faint nutty odour
Part of the plant used: Nut
Origin: West Africa
Check out our article: “Why Shea Butter?”, for some great recipes including; Body Butter Lotion, Shea Butter Lip Balm, Shea Butter Eye Cream and more.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.