Cocoa Butter (200g)
or 4 fortnightly payments of $4.50 with More info
Cocoa Butter (also known as Cacao Butter) is the natural cream coloured vegetable fat extracted from Cocoa beans during the process of separating the powder and liquor from the bean.
Choose from Organic Beads or regular non organic block
Ingredients: Cocoa Butter Botanical name: Theobroma cacao
Why you want Cocoa Butter:
- Can be used in the treatment of dry lips or skin, muscle ache, wrinkles and signs of aging, minor burns and other skin irritations or complains.
- Contains natural antioxidants that prevent rancidity
- Cocoa butter is one of the most stable fats known
- Cocoa butter has healing and moisturizing qualities which have made it very popular in the making of lotions, soaps, mositurisers and lip balms, often as a thickening agent.
- Contains antioxidants and is naturally rich in Vitamin E which assists in anti-aging
- Edible and can make a nutritious ingredient in foods though not advised for those who have nut allergies.
- Contains cocoa mass polyphenol (CMP), which is a substance that inhibits the production of immuno globulin IgEs which aggravates symptoms of both dermatitis and asthma.
- Many people believe that the CMP in Cocoa Butter, like chocolate helps relieve stress, boosts the immune system, ease arthritic symptoms and even helps prevent heart disease.
- Cocoa butter has a melting point of around 34 to 38°C rendering it, solid at room temperature but readily melting on the skin.
Recommended Usage: It is oil soluble (not water soluble) and is usually added to the oil phase of Cosmetic Manufacturing. It has no known incompatibilities.
Lotions & Creams: 1 – 20%
Balms: 20 – 50 %
Bar Soaps: 3 – 12 %
Hair Conditioners: 1 – 5 %
Consistency: Cocoa is a hard, light yellow butter with a light chocolate-like odour (Available in Bead or Block form)
Extraction method: Extraction- Expeller Pressed/Refined from Cocoa Beans
Part of the plant used: Cocao Bean
Shelf life: Approx. 3 year if stored in a cool dark place
Cautions: Not advised for those who have nut allergies.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.