Many believe that Cleopatra, known for her radiant and glowing skin, bathed in a rose petal milk bath daily. This Uplifting Bath Milk with Rose, Chamomile and Sandalwood is perfect for people with dry, easily aggravated skin.
Rose petals and rose or Geranium essential oil combat redness (and smell divine).Sandalwood essential oil is grounding and musky. Calendula and chamomile both sooth irritated, dry and sensitive skin. Kaolin clay — has a soothing effect on irritated or sensitive skin and will leave the skin soft and smooth.
It’s the most beautiful, floral combination of scents.
I find this bath milk incredibly pampering, relaxing and uplifting to the soul. It also makes a gorgeous little gift.
1/2 cup rolled oats (Available from the supermarket)
1/2 cup dried Calendula (Available from the Health Food Store)
1/2 cup dried rose petals (Available from the Health Food Store)
1 cup Magnesium Flakes
1/2 cup Kaolin Clay
1 teaspoon Jojoba oil
3 drops Chamomile essential oil
3 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- Click on the underlined items to add supplies to your shopping cart and have what you need delivered straight to your door! Australia wide Shipping and free postage options available.
If you prefer you can easily sub out Magnesium Flakes for Epsom salt for other salts like Himalayan pink sea salt, dead sea salt or any unique mineral rich salt you prefer. You can also sub Jojoba out for another carrier oil, like Grapeseed, Almond, Rosehip, Apricot seed oil.METHOD
- Place the oats, Calendula, and 1/2 of the dried Rose petals in the bowl of a high powered blender.
- Blend on high until you have a fine powder.
- Add the powder to a bowl, then stir in the Magnesium Flakes, Remaining Rose Petals, Kaolin clay, Jojoba oil, 4 drops Rose (Or Geranium) essential oil, 3 drops Chamomile essential oil and 3 drops Sandalwood essential oil.
- To store, place in a jar with a tightly fitted lid and stow in a cool dark place.
Scoop out up to 6 tablespoons of your bath milk into your hot bath water.
- Powdered Rolled Oats — moisturising, soothing, nourishing.
- Magnesium Flakes — stress-relieving and great for soothing sore muscles.
- Powdered Dried Herbs — Soothing and uplifting
- Kaolin Clay —skin-softening and soothing on irritated or sensitive skin
- Jojoba Oil — moisturising without adding heaviness, and great for all skin types.
- Essential Oils — various benefits, but the suggested essential oils are uplifting, relaxing, grounding and/or sensual.
Sometimes I like to add extra Magnesium Flakes to my bath (I am a little heavy handed) but I do love a good soak in a luxurious and warm bath.The clay content will turn the bath a murky color, that’s perfectly normal. Make sure to rinse your body off well at the end of the bath, and rinse all of the sediment down the drain. If you don’t grind your herbs / oats finely enough, you may end up with more sediment in your drained bathtub than you like so keep that in mind. Print Recipe PDF – Click here